ASPHALT MILLING INSTALLATION | MARYLAND PAVING
Benefits of Asphalt Milling Driveway Installation
Why is milling a good option? There are several reasons for milling a paved area instead of simply repaving over the existing surface. Total Failure Asphalt has exceeded its effective life cycle and must be replaced. Transition Milling
- Removing asphalt to allow for proper transitions between surfaces.
- Removing asphalt in front of driveways eliminates uneven transitions or facilitates positive drainage.
- Removing asphalt at the curb line to allow for proper depth of new asphalt surface, match the original grade of the curb line, ensure a smooth transition and promote positive drainage from asphalt pavement to gutters.
Leveling Mill roadway irregularities allow for a smoother ride on the final riding surface. Recycling Recycling the road surface is another reason for milling. Milling is widely used for pavement recycling today, where the pavement is removed and ground up to be used as the aggregate in new pavement. For asphalt surfaces, the product of milling is reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP), which can be recycled in the asphalt hot mix asphalt (pavement) by combining with new aggregate and asphalt cement (binder) or a recycling agent. Recycled asphalt reduces the impact that resurfacing has on the environment. What are some other benefits of milling?
- Keep overhead clearances under bridges and overpasses
- Texture the surface for skid control and improved bonding with new asphalt surface lifts
- Minimize traffic interruption
- Lower costs, extending the maintenance budget to provide more miles of pavement rehabilitation.
Asphalt milling is an excellent solution for homeowners who want to repair their existing asphalt pavement without the expense and hassle of a complete replacement. Your search for ‘asphalt millings near me’ in Maryland ends with Premier Paving. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experts and start enjoying a smoother and more beautiful driveway in no time.
Our Premier Paving Services
Due to our extensive experience with residential paving, commercial paving, and snow removal work, we provide a range of different services for your home or commercial property. Check below to view more about the services we offer. Asphalt Paving, Tar & Chip, Grading, Stone & Gravel, Seal Coating & Repair, Parking Pads, Asphalt Milling Installation, Driveway, Stone Aggregate Driveways